Vernon Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Facility and Field Rental Policies
- A completed Facility Reservation Form must be returned to the Office with payment and any applicable paperwork with 1-month notice. Reservations are not considered final until full payment and all completed documentation is received.
- Priority for use of Town of Vernon facilities will be granted as follows: Town of Vernon functions, Vernon Public School functions, Vernon Adult and Youth Sports Leagues, locally organized non-profit organizations whose membership is majority residents, other organizations and/or individuals. The Town reserves the right to deny permits if the purpose of facility use is not deemed to be in the best interest of the neighborhood or community.
- Facilities/fields on School property may be reserved outside of school hours, with priority going to Vernon Public School activities.
Fees and Payments
- Full payment is due at the time of reservation.
- Additional fees may be assessed and added to the invoice for extra services including but not limited to: police services, extra maintenance, extra supplies, etc.
- Additional fees may be assessed after the rental for any damages, additional time used, clean-up etc. Additional fees are due in full within one week of the rental.
- A completed Facility Reservation Form must be returned for each permit. The person listed on this form will be the main contact person for the reservation and will receive all communications, invoices, etc.
- Any organization renting a facility or field must provide a current Certificate of Insurance for $1,000,000 general liability listing the “Town of Vernon” as additional insured. Listing the Town of Vernon as the certificate holder is not adequate, UNLESS the certificate specifies that the holder is additionally insured.
- Any athletic organizations field should include a diagram specifying requested dimensions, lines, etc. for field use.
- Cancellations made with a minimum of 30 days written notice will receive a refund minus a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 29 days of reservation will not receive a refund.
- Vernon Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel a reservation based on weather, unsafe facility conditions, or other circumstances deemed appropriate by the Director of Parks & Recreation. VPR will provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice whenever possible, but shorter notice may be required due to changing weather forecasts. If a reservation is cancelled by Vernon Parks and Rec, an alternative date will be offered. VPR is not liable for any expenses incurred from a cancelled event.
- Transfer of dates is not permitted. This would be considered a cancellation and a new reservation.
- Any renter found to be in violation of the facility policies, Vernon Ordinances, or laws will have their permit immediately revoked, and no refunds will be issued. Renter will be ineligible for future rentals.
Responsibilities of Renter
- Responsible renter must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- The responsible renter agrees to assume the facility or field in as-is condition.
- Athletic fields will be lined and groomed as weather permits during normal weekday operating hours.
- The renter is responsible for determining facility condition and identifying safety hazards at the time of use. Any injuries occurring due to poor playing conditions, misuse, etc. is the responsibility of the renter.
- Renters are responsible for any damage to property that occurs during their reservation time
- Rental time must include set up and clean up time
- Renters must leave their area clean after the event, with trash placed in appropriate disposal barrels
- Decorations may be hung on walls using painter’s tape.
- Renters agree to abide by all applicable Park rules, Town of Vernon Ordinances, and state or federal laws
- Adequate access to restroom facilities is required for any rental.
- Rental of facilities such as the pavilion and picnic grove have bathrooms available for an additional fee. Bathrooms are required to be added for parties of 25 people or more
- Rental of athletic fields includes use of the portable restroom on site. Applicable fees will be added to each permit.